This course provides an introduction to education and training for individuals who currently work or would like to work in Colleges, training providers and for those required to train others within their workplace.
The course is delivered via distance learning for the knowledge requirements, with resources provided. A tutor will conduct an induction session over an online platform and can support you at any time. They are just an email away!
The observation will be conducted remotely. The course has been structured to ensure completion is achieved within 90days of enrolment.
Units in the Course
- D/601/5313 Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
- D/505/0052 Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- H/505/0053 Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
Benefits of the Course
This is a nationally recognised qualification. The course is for individuals who want to work or further their career within the education setting or for individuals who deliver training ‘in house’ and want to further their skills. This course gives a comprehensive overview of the role of the teacher and supports you through the full teaching cycle.
this course will also gain a recognised qualification. This will allow for further training in the future.
Accreditation and Assessment
This course is accredited by iCQ, an awarding body regulated by Ofqual in England.
The assessment will be through a portfolio of evidence completed while the learner is on the units listed above.
- Written Knowledge assessments
- Planning and delivery of 15-30 minute Microteach
- 3x Peer assessments
- 1x Reflective account