Menu Close

Sponsorship Licence Applications For Care Home Owners

Sponsorship Licence To Employ Overseas Staff

More than 110,000 vacancies in the social care sector are leaving it facing the most acute recruitment and retention crisis in its history. The shortage of skilled and qualified health and social care workers could leave tens of thousands of older people without access to the care they need. Further more it has been suggested that the UK adult social care sector will need up to 520,000 more workers by 2035 to meet the growing demand for care and support.

Are you interested in recruiting staff from outside of the UK but have no idea where to start?

You will need a sponsor licence to employ someone to work for you from outside the UK. This includes unpaid work, like running a charity. However employers don’t need a licence to sponsor certain workers such as Irish citizens, those with settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme or those with indefinite leave to remain in the UK

When do I need to apply for a sponsorship licence?

If you are planning to employ workers from outside of the UK, you will need to apply for a sponsorship licence first. You must do this before the potential employee applies for their Skilled Worker Visa. You only need to apply for the sponsorship licence if the employee does not have the right to work in the UK currently.

What are the sponsorship licence requirements?

In order to be granted the sponsorship licence, you must be able to demonstrate that you are a genuine organisation operating lawfully in the UK. You must also be able to demonstrate that you are suitable to sponsor skilled migrant workers.

Applications For UK Care Home Owners and Social Care Employers

Our legal team can advise on the following issues that you may face

  • Advice on requirements to become an approved sponsor;
  • Recommendation of category of licence(s) required;
  • Preparation and filing of sponsor licence application;
  • Supporting letter prepared and filed with the application with background information and the business case for becoming an approved sponsor;
  • Submitting request on behalf of business for allocation of Undefined Certificate of Sponsorship to sponsor migrant workers (if required);
  • Advice on responsibilities and duties as a sponsor

To arrange a no obligation discussion on how your care home or social care business can streamline the application process please fill in the form below and we will contact you immediately.

Contact Us

Contact AOne Social Care Training
Follow AOne Social Care Training

Contact us on WhatsApp to discuss Skills For Care apprenticeships, NVQ training courses, grants & funding