Level 3 RQF /NVQ in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
Do you have an interest in caring for people? Is your desired career to become an adult social carer? With this course you can learn about just that, from home!
This Level 3 certificate will give you the chance to develop skills and knowledge in preparing to work in adult social care. Learn how to handle information and explain the use of safeguarding in social care with this course.
Explore the duty of care needed to apply for jobs in the UK health and social care sector!
Online Level 3 NVQ / RQF in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
By completing this course learners will receive an internationally recognised CACHE qualification. They will learn how to communicate to older adults in social care and understand the terms equality, diversity and inclusion.
They will learn how to help someone’s personal development and explore the role of the social carer and define their duties. Also they will understand the health and safety legislation that is put in place for people in social care and learn different person-centred approaches.
This course is assessed using a portfolio of evidence. This will be sent to your tutor to be marked. No external examination is required. You will have to do some of your own research.
- Unit 1 – Principles of Communication in Adult Social Care Settings (R/602/2906, UNIT LEVEL 3; GLH; 17 HOURS; CREDITS: 2)
- Unit 2 – Principles of Personal Development in Adult Social Care Settings (R/602/3036, UNIT LEVEL 3; GLH; 19 HOURS; CREDITS: 2)
- Unit 3 – Principles of Diversity, Equality and Inclusion in Adult Social Care Settings (M/602/3044, UNIT LEVEL 3; GLH; 19 HOURS; CREDITS: 2)
- Unit 4 – Principles of Safeguarding and Protection in Health and Social Care (A/601/8574, UNIT LEVEL 2; GLH; 26 HOURS; CREDITS: 3)
- Unit 5 – Principles for Implementing Duty of Care in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings (R/601/1436, UNIT LEVEL 3; GLH; 5 HOURS; CREDITS: 1)
- Unit 6 – Understand the Role of The Social Care Worker (A/602/3113, UNIT LEVEL 2; GLH; 9 HOURS; CREDITS: 1)
- Unit 7 – Understand Person-Centred Approaches in Adult Social Care Settings (R/602/3182, UNIT LEVEL 3; GLH; 37 HOURS; CREDITS: 4)
- Unit 8 – Understand Health and Safety in Social Care Settings (L/602/3178, UNIT LEVEL 3; GLH; 49 HOURS; CREDITS: 5)
- Unit 9 – Understand How to Handle Information in Social Care Settings (D/602/3119, UNIT LEVEL 3; GLH; 9 HOURS; CREDITS: 1)
Online Course Duration
This online training course will take approximately 190 hours of learning time. You will have 1 year to complete this course, which is more than enough time! This means you can work at your own pace – how fast you work through the course is completely up to you! You will have no strict deadlines or timetabling to contend with so you can spread your workload across the year, fitting your course around your busy schedule.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
Upon successful completion of the course, you will achieve an NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care.
CACHE became part of NCFE in 2015. CACHE (the Council of Awards in Care, Health and Education) are the UK’s leading awarding organisation for the childcare and social care sectors and are part of the RQF (Regulated Qualifications Framework) which ensures the highest level quality courses and industry recognised qualifications.
Level 3 RQF /NVQ Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
If you need more information about our QCF Level 3 Certificate in preparing to work in adult social care training or for other qualifications and courses for health and social care professionals, please contact us through the form below.