WDF Funds & Grants – Skills for Care Training Courses
The Workforce Development Fund (WDF) is funding from the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) disseminated by Skills for Care. It supports the provision of high quality care and the continuing professional development (CPD) of staff across the adult social care sector by providing a contribution towards the costs of vocational learning.
The fund allows you to claim back money towards the costs of workers completing a broad range of adult social care qualifications and learning programmes.
Changes have taken place to learning and development within the Adult Social Care sector. Specifically the move from the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) to the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and from apprenticeship Frameworks to apprenticeship standards that have been implemented by the government.
Workforce Development Fund – Skills for Care Funding & Grants
- Funding is only available for the qualifications, apprenticeships and learning programmes specified on the Funding qualifications and learning programmes list issued by Skills for Care.
- Skills for Care will not fund all health and social care RQF qualifications so it will be important to check the Funded qualifications and learning programmes list as to what will be funded. The list includes details of the awarding organisation and the qualification number.
- All qualifications will be funded at qualification level only and evidenced by a copy of the learner’s certificate.
- The 60 credit limit used in previous years is no longer used, and has been replaced by a financial limit which allows the qualification on the Funded qualifications and learning programmes list, with the highest funding value, to be claimed for a learner within a single funding year. A maximum of £2,000 can be claimed per learner per financial year (April to March).
How To Make A Workforce Development Fund Claim
To claim funding for a qualification, a copy of the learner’s certificate must be submitted which should contain the following:
- Candidate name
- Candidate registration number
- ULN Number (Unique Learner Number)
- name of qualification and qualification number as per the list of funded qualification and learning programmes.
- the date of issue of the certificate must fall within our advertised dates for the funding year: 1 January 2021 – 31 March 2022.Please note the financial year to submit claims has been extended from 31/03/2022 to 31 May 2022.
- Name of awarding organisation
- Name of learning provider or centre number.
WDF Skills for Care Funding & Grants
If you need more information about Skills For Care training courses or advice on how your company can access Workforce Development Fund training grants and funding, then please contact us via telephone or fill out the form below.