First Aid & Basic Life Support
A vital part of working in Health and Social Care is to know to manage any emergency first aid situation in the workplace. This course will give participants the confidence to manage incidents safely. It is for groups of 8-12.
Knowledge and skills gained can be mapped over to the Care Certificate – Standard 12.
This can also be used as supportive evidence to map across to joint Skills for Care and Skills for Health Assessment Principles for the Level 2 Diploma in Care (RQF) in England.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Manage incidents at work
- Understand what to do when finding an unconscious adult
- Place an adult in the recovery position
- Complete CPR
- Manage a severe bleed
- Identify clinical shock and how to treat this
- Identify other medical emergencies and how to manage these effectively
- Report accidents and incidents correctly
This course is suitable for all those working in Health and Social Care Settings. This is a mandatory course and is an expectation of CQC that this is completed on a yearly basis.