Job Title - Functional Skills Tutor
Location - Thurrock, London, Watford, Stansted, Peterborough
Salary - £24,000 to £28,000 pa
As a functional skills tutor you will bring a fresh perspective to our existing team, to support learner engagement, engender the life-long learning ethos, and provide solutions to the barriers that learners might face throughout their journey.
You will be responsible for planning and teaching the Functional Skills curriculum, as well as differentiation, and will be required to ensure work is marked, recorded, and assessment is on-going, ensuring all learners are ready for examinations.
Your delivery will be creative and engaging to ensure individuals achieve their aims in all subjects. You will be supported by a Quality Assurance Team who is responsible for leading the team to drive up quality, reaching and exceeding KPI's and promoting our ethos for continuous improvement.
MAIN TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create effective schemes of works that clearly supports the learning process of individuals
- Prepare and develop innovative lesson plans, designing and delivering group activities
- Deliver training to individuals and groups following the programme curriculum, setting objectives and targets for achievement
- Provide one to one support to learners where necessary
- Hold a manageable caseload of learners
- Diagnose learner’s literacy, numeracy and ICT needs and requirements by using various diagnostic testing and mock tests
- Liaise with relevant team members to ensure learners achieve their targets and progress into appropriate outcomes
- Provide appropriate encouragement, guidance and support to learners to help them progress
- Prepare and submit up-to-date assessments of learners, across all relevant activities
- Monitor and maintain appropriate paperwork, reviews, records of progress tracking and to report all cases of learner behavioural issues, sickness and absence
- Prepare for and attend monthly caseload review meetings with your line manager
- Provide learners with all relevant policies and regulations to clarify what is expected of them and to ensure their safety
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with other external organisations involved with the service and learners
- Actively participate in continuous improvement and self-assessments and the implementation of subsequent action plans
- Complete all required documentation accurately and within agreed timescales to ensure that contract requirements are met and funding is maximised and revenue is secured
- On going management and administration tasks, including but not limited to session planning, logging results and providing feedback to learners
- Work alongside the Quality Assurance team to ensure that delivery meets the high expectations of TCHC and prepare for and attend standardisation meetings
- Take proactive approaches to ensure Safeguarding and Prevent is embedded into the delivery and ensure issues are raised accordingly in line with Safeguarding Policy using the appropriate recording and reporting tools.
- Any complaints are raised accordingly in line with Complaints Policy
- Create conducive learning environments to optimise learners’ journey and support positive outcomes
- Actively ensure own CPD is kept up to date as per the requirements for Functional Skills
- In addition, the post holder may be asked to carry out other reasonable duties, appropriate to their experience, qualifications and level.
Note: These duties are a guide to the work the post holder will initially be required to undertake. Amendments may be made from time to time as the role evolves and to meet changing circumstances and these do not form part of the contract of employment.