Job Title - Social Care Employer Engagement Adviser
Location - Watford, Hertfordshire
Salary - £18,000 – £26,000 pa
As one of our Social Care Employer Engagement Advisors, you will identify, and secure Apprenticeship and training starts through business development, engaging with employers and individuals promoting our training offer.
The Adviser will actively engage with employers across the geographical area but may be required to work across other geographical areas as required, using a variety of interventions to support employers and participants with their recruitment and skills needs, matching best-fit requirements with the full range of programmes and contracts to meet their needs.
Our client offers a range of programmes which include but are not limited to Apprenticeships, Traineeships, Unemployment programmes, Youth and Adult programmes, In-Work Skills Support and Training. The role will be target driven to develop new business and will entail all aspects of recruitment work from cold calling employers, face-to-face meetings, and account management through to arranging interviews, follow-ups, and feedback.
Your success will be measured by the number of employer engagements with Apprenticeship, Training starts and outcomes that support our projects. We are looking for a sales-driven individual with an eye for commercial opportunities as well as maximising our government-funded projects.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Utilise sales, business development, marketing, and networking techniques to attract business from client companies.
- Develop a good understanding of client companies, their industry, what they do, their work, culture, and environment to upsell across opportunities.
- Complete Training Needs Analysis and Organisation Needs Analysis as required with employers over the telephone or face to face.
- Liaise with the Programme, Departmental and Senior Managers to ensure sharing of performance data against individual KPIs and target revenue, as well as programme viability.
- Collaborate with our Digital Content and Media Manager to advertise our services in your defined area(s) and obtain case studies.
- Generate opportunities through marketing and attend promotional events to raise brand awareness.
- Work towards and exceeding targets that may relate to the number of candidates placed, a value to be billed to clients or business leads generated.
- Be creative in reviewing recruitment practices to ensure effectiveness of recruitment and selection techniques.
- Engage with stakeholders committed in projects to maximise referral networks (this includes but is not exclusive to working with Employers, Local Authorities, Job Centre Plus, Schools, Colleges, Universities, Community Organisations, Training Provider Networks, and any others as required).
- Develop the stakeholder base working with the Chambers of Commerce, FSB, CBI, telemarketing, employer hubs and employer networks to meet targets for employer engagement, job outcomes and other contracts deliverables.
- Prepare for and attend monthly caseload review meetings with your line manager and team meetings with colleagues.
- Complete accurate, eligible, and appropriate paperwork for funding evidence requirements of the projects.
- Identify market skills gaps and have a good knowledge of our services and products to promote the relevant skills and benefits.
- Apply project management techniques to effectively account manage employers and account for potential risks or issues to pre-empt barriers.
- Collaborate with the Gateway Team to coordinate training delivery and maintain a high standard for customer service and experience.
- Liaise with staff across a range of programmes regarding job opportunities and building relationships to ensure CVs and candidates are put forward for appropriate vacancies or opportunities.
- Gain and maintain local knowledge from Advisers and JCP staff regarding new openings, recruitment drives and redundancies.
- Record, update and own your information via the database/CRM in line with company processes and procedures.
- Keep up to date with labour market intelligence e.g. legislation, professional, and academic developments.
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding (including Prevent) the welfare of all learners for whom you have responsibility for or with whom you come into contact with and adhere to Safeguarding and Prevent policies.
- In addition, the post holder may be asked to carry out other reasonable duties appropriate to their experience, qualifications, and level, across the geographical area
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience of employer engagement.
- Experience of recruitment practice and services.
- Experience of successfully delivering against KPIs.
- Sales experience.
- Tele-sales and cold calling experience.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills particularly presentation skills, negotiation and influencing skills and written communication.
- Flexible with the ability to respond quickly and positively to changes.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Target driven with a proven track record of delivering targets whilst responding to tight deadlines and multiple pressures.
- Market awareness within the employment and skills sector.
- Ability to work within a team as well as independently.
- Car owner/driver
Any other duty which, from time to time, may reasonably be required to meet the needs
Note: These duties are a guide to the work the post holder will initially be required to undertake. Amendments may be made from time to time as the role evolves and to meet changing circumstances and these do not form part of the contract of employment.
Satisfactorily meeting our employment checks – a Disclosure and Barring Service Check (including any relevant overseas checks), health assessment, references, qualifications and legal entitlement to work in the UK.