Job Title - Health and Social Care Employability Tutor
Location - Grays, Essex
Salary - £24,000 – £28,000 pa
As one of our Health and Social Care Employability Tutors, you will effectively plan your engaging courses, set and review targets, track learners progress, assess and submit work to ensure deadlines are met enabling learners to achieve. From you creating an enriching programme with varied teaching styles and experiences all will have fun and identify where the programme can lead them onto.
This is a great opportunity to get involved as we are now looking to expand our services and programmes that enable more opportunities for young people to establish a positive future. Importantly a good opportunity for you to join us as we grow our education and training centre developing our staff along the way.
Teaching and Learning
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons at levels 1 & 2 for Health and Social Care and employability programmes.
- Plan, develop and deliver appropriate learning plans for individual students.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and review of policies, schemes of work.
- Create engaging lessons that are full of learning and development
- Monitor and assess the achievement of students, and to record and report the development, progress, and attainment of students in accordance with our assessment policies and in line with the principles of assessment for Learning.
- Make use of current technology to enhance teaching and learning.
- Be a tutor to an assigned group of students and to carry out the associated academic and pastoral responsibilities as required.
- Implement our inclusion and equal opportunity policies.
- Ensure that teaching assistants or other support staff and visiting speakers are used effectively in the learning environment.
Continuing Professional Development
- Participate in the Professional Development
- In conjunction with the line manager, take responsibility for personal professional development, keeping up to date with research and developments in teaching pedagogy and changes in the curriculum, which should lead to improvements in teaching and learning.
- Take full advantage of any relevant training and development available and undertake any necessary professional development as identified in our self assessment review and action plans.
- Be a reflective practitioner, evaluating and improving own practice in order to take teaching and learning forward.
- Maintain a professional CPD record
- Under guidance from the Centre Manager, participate in a full induction programme.
- Implement our assessment, recording and reporting procedures.
- Keep an accurate register of students in accordance with TCHC policy.
- Track progress of learners using tracking systems
- Update your learner files daily
- Set SMART targets for students
- Conduct 1-1 progress reviews of qualifications and personal skills
- Participate in appropriate meetings with colleagues, parents and agencies for the benefit of the students.
- Participate in events/open days as required.
- Support for absent colleagues as required.
- Liaise with employers and other outside agencies.
- To ensure all safeguarding polices and procedures are adhered to
- Reporting procedures are followed
- Work with Centre Manager/DSL to gather information if you are required to
- Raise concerns immediately for the students welfare
Health and Safety
- Comply with procedures on all matters concerning health, safety and welfare.
- Undertake risk assessment strategies for the programme area in relation to teaching and learning.
- Take responsibility for personal health, safety and welfare and that of others who may be affected by your actions or inactions.
Note: These duties are a guide to the work the post holder will initially be required to undertake. Amendments may be made from time to time as the role evolves and to meet changing circumstances and these do not form part of the contract of employment. Additionally, due to the ever-changing environment in which we operate, flexibility and the willingness to travel to other work locations are essential for these roles.
Enhanced CRB (DBS) checks will be a requirement for this position.